Fluorescent, Streptavidin functionalized Dextran coated crosslinked iron oxide nanoparticles (CLIO-STRP-D) have 1-3 superparamagnetic Fe3O4 iron oxide cores (8-10 nm in diameter) imbedded within the matrix of dextran strands of 40 or 70 kDa in size. Dextran strands are crosslinked to prevent their disassociation, ensuring long-term stability. Streptavidin and fluorescence dye are covalently conjugated to the nanoparticle surface.
- Fluorescently labeled (AFDye 488, AFDye 555, AFDye 647, or IR750 dye)
- Highly biocompatible, non-toxic
- Long term stable under physiological conditions
- 40 kDa and 70 kDa dextran coats are available
- Easy loading of biomolecules such as Antibodies through Streptavidin-Biotin interaction
- In vitro and in vivo dual magnetic and fluorescence labels for cells and tissues.
- Magnetic, fluorescence, or dual cell separation.
- Probes for MRI.
- Fluorescent Dye:
- AFDye 488 (AlexaFluor 488 analog, Abs/Em = 490/525, Filter set: FITC)
- AFDye 555 (AlexaFluor 555 analog, Abs/Em = 555/580, Filter set: TRITC)
- AFDye 647 (AlexaFluor 647 analog, Abs/Em = 650/665, Filter set: Cy5)
- IR750 (IRDye 750 analog, Abs/Em = 756/776, Filter set: Cy7)
- Iron Oxide Core Diameter: 8 – 10 nm
- Hydrodynamic Diameter: 70 – 130 nm
- Polydispersity Index (PDI): < 0.3
- Magnetization: 5 – 30 emu/g (room temperature)
- Shelf life: > 1 year (4°C storage)
- Supplied as liquid suspension in sterile PBS